Monday, May 31, 2010

Otis

My 18 month old son has been sick for about 4 days now. He's finally starting to get better, but Sunday was a particularly nasty day for him - and, therefore, for me and the hubby as well. He pretty much sat in our laps and moaned for most of the day.

Because he was so sick, I figured my baby could use something to cheer him up. So while he napped and me and hubs wasted 2 hours of our time watching Valentine's Day (don't bother, not worth it), I made Otis the Owl.

Yes, we name everything in our house. No, I don't know where the name Otis came from. I know he's a little bit messy, but I'm not the best and sewing and I did him all by hand. It took awhile, but my baby really loves him. He carries him around saying, "hoo! hoo!"



I used this tutorial as a baseline, then changed it up a bit to make him look more like I wanted. I used an old green sweater and a patterned flannel shirt from pre-baby days, as well as felt that I already had, so I didn't spend a dime!

2 comments:

  1. Great! I love repurposed fun-ness! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so crafty and cute! Crafty and Cute Christine is your new name!

    ReplyDelete